Your Trustworthy Family Law Attorney in Decatur, IL

Your Trustworthy Family Law Attorney in Decatur, IL

Do you need legal assistance stating the reason for your divorce through a complaint or petition? Do you need help with the legal ramifications that come along with a child custody case? If so, consider that the firm of Record & Jankowicz has been helping families for the past 50 years by offering professional family law support. Whether you need legal representation in a child custody agreement, contempt order case, divorce case, spousal support case, or any other dispute, the family law attorneys at Record & Jankowicz can handle it all.

Get The Help You Need Today!

In the event that you need a professional family law attorney in Decatur, IL, call Record & Jankowicz to schedule a free initial consultation today. All fees will be discussed up front so there are no surprises and you will receive one-on-one attention to ensure that all concerns and questions are answered. Continue reading below for more information on our family law areas of expertise.

Divorce Law

If you are considering a divorce, know first and foremost we are sorry you are going through this. You need a compassionate, skilled lawyer who can help you fight for what you deserve. Call the firm of Record & Jankowicz in Decatur, IL, and rest assured your case is in good hands.
Did you know divorce laws vary per state? Make sure you hire a professional divorce lawyer experienced in Illinois divorce law. Here are a couple of questions to consider: 

  • How long will you have to wait between filing for divorce and finalizing the divorce?
  • Have will marital property and incurred debt be distributed amongst all parties?
  • If children are involved, how will we proceed while protecting their interests?

If you're considering filing for divorce in the state of Illinois, contact the divorce attorneys at Record & Jankowicz first. Our free initial consultation will help you decide your next move. 

Child Support Law & Alimony Law

Child support can be one of the more stressful topics of discussion for separated parents. Child support is an ongoing, pre-scheduled payment made by one guardian for the financial benefit of the child following the end of a relationship. It is often arranged as part of a divorce, marital separation, annulment, or dissolution of a civil union, sometimes as a supplement to alimony arrangements.

Alimony arrangements, or spousal support, is a legal financial agreement of one person to provide financial support to their former partner after a divorce, martial separation, or an dissolution of a union. Did you know there are typically four types of alimony?

  • Temporary alimony
  • Rehabilitative alimony
  • Permanent alimony
  • Reimbursement alimony

What ever your situation may be, you owe it to yourself to choose an experienced, compassionate, and results-driven child support & alimony lawyer. Contact Record & Jankowicz of Decatur, IL today!

Illinois has adopted the Uniform Child Custody Act (UCCA), with an intended purpose of minimizing interstate child custody conflicts. Illinois child custody laws enable guardians a variety of joint custody options, recognize grandparent visitation rights, and a variety of other beneficial opportunities.

The judge will ultimately make a ruling based on what is perceived to be the in the child's best interest and create a parenting plan that is most suitable for the child. Parenting plans determine how and where the child will spend holidays, transportation agreements, supervisory requirements, and how the needs of the child will be met as they grow.

Choose a child custody lawyer who knows how to fight for what's best for you and your child - call Record & Jankowicz today.

Guardianship Law

A legal guardianship occurs when a person or institution (i.e., the State) is assigned by the court to take care of minor children. The term "guardian" is also used to describe someone who has been appointed to care for and make legal decisions for a person who is either incompetent, or unable to care for and handle their own affairs.

Whether you have recently been appointed guardianship, are looking to petition for guardianship, or are trying to fight against a court-appointed guardiandship ruling, you need an attorney who knows how to fight for you and your child's rights. The court procedures can be arduous, and you will want an attorney with experience, integrity, and tenacity on your side.

Contact the firm of Record & Jankowicz for a free initial consultation today.